Thursday, May 26, 2011

Retro Starcraft

My wife and I have become fans of classic Starcraft (and of course the Brood War Expansion). We don't particularly like online play, and most of the maps available online seem to be geared toward free for all, or melee settings, so we decided to do our own campaign.

We're kind of departing from the regular storyline, but since the game is kind of stuck with the characters acting like the characters in the regular campaign, we kind of had to go with them, so it's more of an alternate reality situation.

We have a couple of levels more or less made, but the story and dialog still needs to be fixed some, and the mission briefings need to be written. So far we're figuring on about nine or ten levels. We want to have interesting combinations of characters and races fighting each other, just to keep things nicely mixed up.

My wife is basically handling the story, and since I'm the programmer, I'm handling the scripting. She is handling a lot of the mapping as well, and I make some changes as necessary. Once we get it going, we're going to hand it off to some friends for some play testing. If and when we get it done, I'll link to it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment