Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Federalist Papers: A reading and blogging project

I have begun to read The Federalist otherwise known as The Federalist Papers.  For those who've never heard of it, it is a collection of papers written by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison and John Jay in support of the then new Constitution.  It explains the reasoning behind pretty much every part of the constitution. 

The edition I have is a "Signet Classic" published by New American Library, a division of penguin group. I don't know if it's the best version, but since I'm basically without income for the time being, It had to be something cheap.

As I read, I will be posting a summary and my initial thoughts about each of the letters.  Hopefully, I will get someone to read it, and maybe learn about our country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment