Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Buying Gold

As things get worse and worse for this country's economic situation, I'm thinking of cashing out the retirement from my former employer, and buying gold.  Why?  Because gold is the safest investment possible.  I may lose money, but I won't loose it all.

My wife is against the idea, and I won't go ahead with it until we're both onboard.  Also, since it's an outsourced retirement fund, I could find another employer that pays into the same retirement fund. I'm just concerned that the dollars in that fund will be worth nothing very soon.

So my dilemma is, do I cash out and loose at least 50% of what is in there, or do I keep it.  If I keep it, I may lose more, but I may be better off in the end. Without knowing what is going to happen with our monetary system, I have no idea what to do, but I'm more and more inclined to play it safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment